Having a solid short game can be a game-changer for golfers of all levels, especially amateur golfers. That is why we’re bringing you our Callaway Jaws Wedge review.
Being able to hit the green with your approach shots consistently can make all of the difference in edging out your opponents during a game of golf.
That’s why in our Callaway Jaws MD5 Wedge review we bring you the Callaway Jaws MD5 which is designed to help you to hit better approach shots. We cover the features as well as the pros and cons of the club so that you can decide if it is the right choice for you.
Callaway Jaws MD5 Wedge Review
The Callaway Jaws MD5 Wedge is great if you are looking for a versatile wedge that is easy to hit, allowing you greater control for your approach shots. It is also a great choice for golfers of all skill levels, so if you are a high handicapper then you shouldn’t be put off by this choice of golf wedge.
You are able to use this wedge when playing bunker shots close to the green or in heavy rough. Unlike many other wedges on the market today, it has a unique sole design that allows for better contact with the ball more often.
Thanks to different wedge loft and bounce combinations, you can hit the ball low, high or with a slight spin to make your short game more effective. Heading out to the driving range would be strongly recommended as this will really allow you to try out the wide variety of shots that the Callaway Jaws Mack Daddy 5 wedge allows you to make.
What Are Some Of The Features Of The Callaway Jaws MD5 Wedges?
In this section, we cover some of the main features of this Callaway wedge.
You will get 5 different grind options with the Callaway Jaws MD5 wedge. They allow you to select the one that is most suitable for your swing and playing style. These include the C grind, S grind, W grind, X grind and low bounce w grind. Each type is great for different conditions and needs.
Sharp Jaws Grooves: Groove In Groove Technology
The Callaway Jaws MD5 wedge is renowned for its sharp jaws grooves which deliver a clean contact with the ball with their groove in groove technology. The jaws grooves allow you to generate more spin on your shots from within 150 yards of the green so that you can get the ball as close to the pin as possible (PGA Tour). The jaws groove design will allow you to get consistent spin thanks to the sharp edges that can make an extreme difference to your game.
You will be able to select the wedge lofts that suit you best from 46 degrees to 64 degrees so that you can really tailor your wedge lineup.
The Callaway Jaws MD5 wedge is made out of high quality and durable materials so you can be sure that you will get long term value for your money.
- Design: This wedge stands out thanks to its unique design and the excellent materials used in its construction to make it highly durable. With the Callaway Jaws MD5 in your bag you know you are well equipped to handle any short game shot in your round of golf.
- Customization: You can easily make this wedge your very own with a range of customizable options available. You can choose from two sole grinds and three finishes to match your style and needs.
- Easy To Use: The problem with some golf clubs are that they just aren’t very easy to use. However, with the Callaway Jaws MD5 you will find that this is not an issue as it is very easy to get comfortable and adapt to your own individual style. Whether it is full shots or flop shots, you can hit the shots your game needs.
- Soft Feel: Tying into the above, if you feel comfortable with a club in your hand it generally breeds more confidence. This is something that makes the Callaway Jaws MD5 stand out from the crowd and make them a must-have for your golf bag for approach wedge, pitch or chip shots.
- Price: This is a premium wedge and comes at a higher cost than other wedges. This is especially the case if you are planning to kit yourself out with a full selection of wedges. However, it is important to factor in the performance and benefits of a club before deciding if the price is worth it.
Alternatives to the Callaway Jaws MD5 Wedge
If you are looking for something different for your short game then you might wish to consider a different wedge option, such as the choices we cover below.
If budget is an issue for you, you will likely want to choose something more affordable, such as the Pinemeadow wedge available for a fraction of the price. It misses out on many of the features that make the Callaway Jaws MD5 special but it will still allow you to make short game shots and work on lowering your golf handicap.
Cleveland 588 Wedge
Another alternative is the Cleveland 588 wedge which is available for a similar price and is easy to use, allowing you to focus on improving your game. They are often compared to each other so not only are they similar in price, but also have similar features. The difference is that you might find the Cleveland wedge backspins a little more, despite being a wedge with slightly lower wedge distances.
Conclusion: Callaway Jaws Wedge Review
To conclude our Callaway Jaws Wedge review, the Callaway Jaws MD5 Wedge is a great choice if you are looking for a premium club that is very easy to use. In addition, it will help you hit more effective shots and boost your confidence on the golf course with your short game.
The groove edge sharpness is one of the core features of this mack daddy wedge as the jaws groove is designed to be as their most aggressive groove that can be great in tight lies.
Even if you are starting out and need the best beginner wedge you shouldn’t pass up the Callaway Jaws MD5 wedge. Despite being used by tour pros it is designed to suit golfers of all skill levels whether you are a high handicapper, looking for a mid handicapper wedge or are a scratch golfer. The fact that you can customize it to your own needs and style is another reason it is worth looking into for those who want something a little different.