It can be difficult to get the right distance in golf, which is a game of precision and accuracy.
The slope on the golf course changes constantly, which makes it difficult for players to estimate how far away they are from their target to get precise distance measurements. This is especially true when you’re playing in unfamiliar territory.
Slope rangefinders such as the Callaway Pro Laser Rangefinder are an excellent solution to this problem because they measure both distance and slope so that you know exactly where your ball will land before you even hit it. We explore some of the best products on the market today, where we compare the features and benefits as well as the pros and cons of different models so that you can choose the best golf rangefinder with slope for you.
Our Top Rated Quick Picks Compared
Best Golf Rangefinder With Slope
1. Callaway 300 Pro Golf Laser Rangefinder
Best Laser Rangefinder With Slope
If you’re looking for the best golf rangefinders with slope mode that comes at a fair price from a trusted brand then Callaway’s 300 Pro is a great choice.
This golf rangefinder is wildly popular in the market and for good reason. Golfers want golf rangefinders that they can rely on over and over again, and the 300 Pro makes that possible.Not only that but it is friendly for newer golfers who are in the market for their first rangefinder.
Read our full Callaway Laser Golf Rangefinder review here.
Here are some of the key features that you will find with the Callaway 300 Pro Golf Laser Rangefinder.
It has a 5 to 1,000-yard range so you can practice accuracy within various environments and for shots of so many different distances.
Easy To Use
Also, it’s simple to use, so you’ll be able to understand every rangefinder feature without having to read through a lot of instructions.
As slope measurements are what you are looking for, you’ll be happy to know that this device has a built-in slope feature.
So no matter what type of slope you’re looking at, you’ll be able to calculate how far your ball is going to fly along the slope.
To top it off it comes with many of the expected features from the best models such as an LCD display, waterproof functionality, and a sturdy case that means that your device will be protected even when you’re playing in extreme weather conditions.
- All Rounder: the Callaway 300 Pro is an excellent choice for golfers looking for the best golf laser rangefinder that can operate in a wide range of conditions and situations.
- Reasonably Priced: It has a mid-range price that will appeal to those looking for a rangefinder without breaking the bank.
- Sturdy: It is well built so you can rely on the device to last a long time without having to worry about it breaking apart. The case is also great for protecting your device when you’re not using it.
- Less Advanced Functionality: Many of the top-end models on the market have standout features and capabilities that you won’t get in this particular model which sits in a middle all-round price bracket.
2. TecTecTec ULT-X Rangefinder
Great All-round Alternative Slope Rangefinder
If you are playing a new golf course and don’t quite know your surroundings as well as your home golf course then this will be perfect because it will provide you with detailed information about obstacles and hazards that could prevent you from reaching your target.
Like the Callaway Pro Laser Rangefinder, the TecTecTec ULT-X Rangefinder is also designed to perform as an allrounder that has many desirable features at a fair price.
Here are some of the key features that you will find with the TecTecTec ULT-X Rangefinder.
The TecTecTec ULT-X rangefinder boasts a scan mode that provides you with detailed scans of the surrounding area at any distance up to 450 yards.
By knowing the obstacles and hazards around the course that you will be playing, you will be able to plan your shots more accurately.
The ULT-X is great within 450 yards, so it may lack the range of others but will be more than enough for an average golfer where the holes are typically 450 yards or under anyway.
Pin Seeker Technology
It is easy to know when the hole is in front of you because you get a clear vibration when it is with this golf slope rangefinder. This helps you to know that you have the pin locked in and not other targets. This is essential for getting an accurate reading for your approach shots.
- Accuracy: The TecTec ULT-X rangefinder is one of the more accurate rangefinders on the market. It allows golfers to get accurate readings within 450 yards, which is good enough for most courses.
- Affordable: Compared to other models, the TecTec ULT-X is reasonably priced and more than good enough for a wide range of golfers.
- Slope On/Off Functionality: You are able to turn off-slope for tournaments with the slope switch technology. This makes it flexible, great for both beginners and advanced players.
- Range: when it comes to distance, the TecTec ULT-X is average compared to other models.
3. Bushnell Pro XE Rangefinder
Best Premium Slope Rangefinder
The Bushnell Pro-XE rangefinder is significantly pricier than the ULT-X and Callaway.
This is because this Bushnell rangefinder is a premium choice for the serious golfer looking for golf laser rangefinders. This laser rangefinder is more top end and comes packed to the gills with premium technology that is designed to perform at the highest level.
With a 1,300 yard range and 8x magnification, there is little to no chance of missing a shot with this rangefinder. Along with its bright, clear LCD screen, the Pro-XE is the perfect choice for golfers who want the very best golf rangefinders with slope and something that can stand the test of time.
Read Our Full Bushnell Pro XE Rangefinder Review here.
Where the bushnell Pro-X2 wins compared to it’s competitors is in its range. It is top-end and able to measure both far as well as accurately thanks to it’s 8x magnification. This makes it easier to zoom into targets accurately and ensure that you won’t accidentally shoot past your target.
On/Off Slope Functionality
If you are playing a USGA tournament you won’t be able to use slope technology. However, if this is the case you can simply disable the feature thanks to the slope switch technology within the slope settings. But on a regular golf course, the values you find on the slope chart are a lot of fun to use so you can simply turn the feature on in this case.
You will get a vibration as soon as it locks onto your desired target. This can help with quickly knowing that you have the target locked in so that you can hit your golf shot sooner.
The large display makes it so much easier to read the precise distances of your target. This is especially useful when you want to keep up pace of play and quickly check distances.
Another market-leading feature of this model is the fact that it’s incredibly durable. This simply means that you typically won’t have to deal with any malfunctions or problems with the device compared to cheaper alternatives.
- Build: This model is well constructed and you won’t have to worry about any parts breaking or otherwise failing, at least compared to others.
- Magnification: You will be able to easily find targets with this device thanks to its ability to magnify 8x.
- Versatility: It is great for tournament play as you can turn off-slope and use the device for measuring distances without slope.
- Price: There are cheaper models on the market that will meet the basic needs of most golfers who just want a reliable rangefinder at a reasonable price.
4. Voice Caddie SL2
Best Rangefinder With Voice Activation
If you want to be assisted by a voice, the Voice Caddie SL2 rangefinder is for you.It is the first talking rangefinder to have Slope technology, which can give you more accurate distance readings as well as the ability to hear the distance as well.
This works on the side of the device where you press a button to receive distance readings. With 6x Magnification and 1,100 range, this device is capable of delivering great distance readings.
Additionally, this model acts as a hybrid handset as it has GPS capabilities, which adds an extra layer of convenience and analytics to help you make the best shot selection possible.
As we’ve stated, this is really helpful for quickly hearing the distance. It makes it more convenient and can help keep your round moving quickly.
Smart Course View
If course management is important to you (and it should be!), then the smart course view is ideal as it allows you to understand exactly where you are on the course, and it can help you plan out your shots accordingly by knowing where potential hazards lie. This is beneficial off the tee where you want to plot your shot, and it helps you understand precisely how far your desired shot is from your current position.
Active Green View
If you’re trying to get specific on your approach shots then the active green view will interest you with this golf rangefinder.It can help you understand the size and undulation of the green so that you can make a solid shot selection and attack the pin in the best possible manner.
- Technology: This device comes packed with some of the most advanced technology. Not only does it comes with slope technology but you benefit from a hybrid rangefinder that will tap into GPS technology to add an extra layer of precision and distance on your shots.
- Range: As you’d expect from a top end model, the range is exceptional.
- GPS: this helps you have additional features such as the smart course view and active green view which make shot selection even easier and better.
- Price: Despite coming packed with a lot of technology, this isn’t a cheap rangefinder and will cost more than a mid-range option or budget option.
5. Nikon Coolshot Pro Stabilizer
Best Rangefinder For Slope With Stabilization
Something that often causes issues for golfers when using their golf rangefinders is shaky shots, particularly when it comes to targets in the distance.
As a way to address this problem, Nikon has developed the Coolshot Pro Stabilizer.
This improves the accuracy of the distance readings as you can be sure that your shots are as steady as possible by holding the golf rangefinder steady. As with other premium choices this product comes with on/off slope options so that it can be used in tournaments.
The Coolshot Pro Stabilizer’s stabilization technology improves accuracy in measuring distances and eliminates shaking caused by movement. This is pretty unique for golf rangefinders and as such, you won’t see in many other golf rangefinders. If you have used golf rangefinders before and struggled with shaky shots, then the Coolshot Pro Stabilizer is for you.
If you want a well protected device then you need the Coolshot Pro Stabilizer. This product is also waterproof so you will never have to worry about the device getting damaged if you are constantly playing golf in rainy conditions.
On/Off Slope Functionality
As stated, the slope feature can be toggled on or off. This allows you to decide whether or not you want this feature to be enabled.
With a range up to 1200 yards and 6x magnification you can be confident in the measured distances of your shots, whether you are measuring 90 yards or 1200 yards away.
- Reliable: The Coolshot Pro Stabilizer has a very accurate distance reading that is guaranteed to provide reliable results.
- Easy to use: The Coolshot Pro Stabilizer is very easy and intuitive to operate.
- Stabilization: The Coolshot Pro Stabilizer has a stabilization system that allows you to take more accurate shots that will work even if conditions are causing your hands to shake.
- It is a bit more expensive: Even though the device is great, there is still a possibility that it might not be affordable to most people.
6. Gogogo Laser Rangefinder
Best Budget Slope Rangefinder
If you are looking to save money on a rangefinder that has a slope mode then you should go for this one.
The Gogogo is an innovative, affordable rangefinder that promises to provide you with accurate distances whenever you use it.
It has a fixed magnification that can provide you an effective range of up to 650 yards.
This is a great choice if you are looking for your first rangefinder or if you are looking for a budget-friendly option. The materials may not be as high quality as other rangefinders but the general performance of the rangefinder is very much up to standard.
Read our full GoGoGo Laser Golf Rangefinder review here.
With a range up to 600 yards it is more than suitable for most applications for amateur golfers. The 6x magnification is also standard and perfect for finding the range to the target.
Despite the materials not being as durable as others this rangefinder is water-proof. This is a great advantage as it is very safe to use when you are on the golf course in bad weather.
- Budget-Friendly: If you don’t care about quality and don’t care too much about reliability, this is a great rangefinder.
- Accuracy: For it’s price point , this rangefinder is pretty accurate and will be +/- 1m which is the kind of accuracy that you’d expect from something that is more expensive.
- Basic Functionality: You won’t have advanced settings to tap into for advanced performance.
- Construction: This device is cheaper than alternatives and you can tell with the overall feel of it which is not to say it feels very cheap but you can feel it compared to more expensive options.
Why Is Slope Important?
Measuring slope is important as it gives a better estimate of how far away the pin is. This is because elevation changes impact distance and without a slope feature your readings may end up being inaccurate, especially on uphill and downhill shots.
In Golf Tournaments, Can A Rangefinder With Slope Be Used?
No, in USGA competitions slope isn’t allowed. It can be seen as giving an an unfair advantage to players so therefore isn’t permitted.
What Is Slope On A Rangefinder?
Slope is an angle that is shown on a range finder as measured in degrees. This helps golfers know exactly what they are aiming for when there may be a hilly terrain that has changes in elevation.
Is Slope On A Rangefinder Worth It?
Yes, especially if the golf courses that you play have a lot of hilly terrain. It helps the golfer know how far the ball will travel based on the golf course slope. This can help you to make better choices when it comes to your long game, especially off the tee and on approach shots to the green and the flag stick. Additionally, the slope mode is typically easy to use on a rangefinder.
In Summary: Which Is The Best Slope Rangefinder?
The best golf rangefinder with slope will depend on your own preferences, the golf course that you play, and the conditions.
However, if you play your home course and want something that is an allrounder then the Callaway Pro Laser Rangefinder is a great choice that comes at a fair price point.
Golf Rangefinders are a key accessory for golf and by choosing a golf laser rangefinder that has a slope feature you will be able to hit more accurate golf shots to an accurate yardage that can save you precious strokes and play golf better.