Golf is an expensive sport. It requires a lot of equipment and you have to be willing to throw down big bucks on it.
That’s why finding the best cheap golf bag is important, especially if you are just getting started or want something that doesn’t break your bank account at the door.
In this article we give our list of top 6 bags for under $150 dollars so you can get out there and hit some balls with a value golf bag that you can trust!
2022 Comparison Chart
Best Cheap Golf Bags For Affordability In 2022
1. TaylorMade Golf TM Stand Golf Bag 5.0
The TaylorMade Golf TM Stand Golf Bag 5.0 comes from a leading brand with high quality. It has a hip pad which will help to avoid extra stress on the body while walking the course or carrying it in your hand.
There are six pockets in total, enough to store car keys, jewelry, drinks and other necessary items. With plenty of pockets, this bag is perfect for storing your gear and ensuring you are always ready to play a round of golf.
Its five-way divider helps to separate golf clubs by type and makes them easily accessible for when you need them.
- Brand Name – One of the biggest names in golf equipment stands behind this bag, so you know that you are getting a quality product that you can rely on to last for a long time.
- Quality Material – The bag is waterproof and can handle rainy conditions on the course, and it is also fire resistant for extra safety.
- Nice Design – The bag comes in a variety of colors to appeal to different golfers and can match their favorite color combinations.
- 5 Way Divider – The divider system works ok but isn’t as functional as it could be and could be better at separating clubs based on size.
2. Tangkula Golf Bag Portable Golf Cart Bag
This Tangkula golf bag features 7-way dividers. This makes organizing your clubs a breeze and prevents them from becoming tangled. It also has a water resistant construction, so you don’t have to worry about your clubs getting wet in the rain.
The bag is made of durable 420D Nylon and comes with a lifetime warranty, so you can be sure that it will last for years. Additionally, the backpack-style shoulder strap provides plenty of comfort and convenience when transporting your clubs. And on the storage side, this golf bag also has 7 zippered pockets!
- Water Resistant – The bag is built with water resistant material to protect your clubs from getting wet in the rain.
- Warranty – You never have to worry about finding a replacement in case of damage with the lifetime warranty that comes with the bag.
- Backpack Strap – The backpack style strap allows you to carry the clubs comfortably and use both hands to carry other items at the same time.
- Dividers – Some golfers want a 14-way divider setup for better organization of their clubs, but this bag only has a seven-way divider.
3. Ram Golf Lightweight Cart Bag with 14 Way Dividers Top
When you are looking for a quality golf bag at an affordable price, the Ram Golf Lightweight Cart Bag is a great option. The full-length divider top helps keep clubs separated and protected throughout your golf game. And with 10 zippered pockets, there is plenty of room to store everything you need on the course.
The bag also weighs under 5lbs so it’s easy to mount on a cart, and comes in a range of color options such as blue, grey and red.
- Full Length Dividers – The full-length dividers help to keep your clubs separated and protected so they don’t get damaged during the game.
- Plenty of Pockets – The Ram Golf Lightweight Cart Bag has 10 zippered pockets for all your gear so you can leave your bag in the cart.
- Lightweight – The bag weighs under 5lbs so you won’t have to worry about straining your back or shoulders when carrying the bag over long distances with this budget golf bag.
- Cheaper Alternatives – There are cheaper options available than this bag, but if you are looking for a budget option that is comprehensive then you won’t go far wrong with this.
4. Izzo Ultra Lite Cart Bag
This is an affordable golf bag made from high-strength polyester fabric. It includes 14 dividers to keep you organized on the course, and a padded divider protects your clubs. There are six pockets in this bag, with space to store valuables and a rain hood.
The bag is built to last, so you can enjoy many rounds of golf without having to worry about your equipment.
- Weight – This bag weighs 3.4lbs so it is lightweight enough for you to easily carry the bag over long distances on the golf course.
- 14 Way Dividers – With a full divider set, you will be able to store your golf clubs in a separate compartment, keeping them protected as you play through the game.
- Price – Like the RAM bag this is another expensive option that you should compare before making a purchase to ensure it is worth the money.
5. Orlimar Pitch and Putt
Orlimar’s Pitch and Putt golf bag is one of the lightest golf bags on the market, weighing in at only 2 pounds. This makes it easy to carry around the course, whether you’re playing a full 18 holes or just taking a leisurely stroll on the green.
The Pitch and Putt style holds up to 7 clubs, so you can keep all of your essentials with you without having to lug around a heavy bag. If you don’t care about storage space, this is definitely the bag for you as it has minimal room for other gear.
So if you’re looking for an affordable option and don’t need much in the way of space, go with Orlimar’s Pitch and Putt golf bag.
- Lightweight – This golf bag weighs only 2lbs so you can carry it on the golf course with ease.
- Great for Pitch & Putt – This Orlimar golf bag is perfect for playing putt & putt or miniature golf, as it is lightweight and easy to carry with you.
- Limited club storage – This Orlimar golf bag only holds up to 7 clubs, so if you’re looking for a spot to carry more clubs you will need to.
6. Pinemeadow Golf Courier 3.0 Stand Bag
The Pinemeadow Golf Courier 3.0 Stand Bag is perfect for affordability in 2022. It has 7 dividers to split essential clubs up for extra protection, as well as 7 pockets which means essentials can be stored.
The bag is great for carrying and won’t weigh you down, and the sturdy legs are a bonus!
- All Round – This Pinemeadow Golf Courier Stand Bag is great for all around play with 7 pockets and 7 dividers to keep clubs protected and hidden.
- Design – The simple design makes it a great bag for all day use, as it won’t make you feel weighed down or awkward.
How To Choose a Budget Golf Bag
When purchasing a budget golf bag, it is important to consider the durability of the product. A durable bag will usually have a high-quality look and performance over many years and be waterproof against the elements.
It is also worth remembering that by cleaning your golf bag you can extend its shelf life.
In addition, a rain hood can keep your clubs protected in the event of inclement weather. However, cheaper bags are usually less durable so may need replacing more often.
When looking for a budget golf bag, it is important to consider the level of comfort that the bag will provide. Poorly-padded straps can cause discomfort and even injury, making golf less enjoyable to play. Look for bags with well-padded straps that will distribute the weight evenly across your shoulders.
This will help make carrying your golf clubs much more comfortable.
When looking for a budget golf bag, weight is an important consideration. While it may not seem like much, the difference between bags can be significant over the course of a round of golf.
Heavier bags put less strain on your arm muscles, making the game less enjoyable.
When looking for a budget golf bag, it is important to consider the range of dividers. A top golf bag will have at least 14-way dividers to split all clubs. However, it is okay if the bag only has a 4 way split as you can still organize your woods and irons for easy access.
When looking for a golf bag, one of the key factors to consider is the number of pockets as this is imperative for keeping the golf bag organized. This is important because you will want to have a place to store all your accessories, such as tees and golf balls.
In addition, some golf bags come with added pockets, which can be a bonus. For example, a cooler pocket for drinks or a valuables pocket for car keys and wallet.
When looking for a budget golf bag, it is important to consider both price and what you need from the bag.
More expensive models will have more features, making them more suited to regular golfers. However, for occasional golfers who don’t need all the bells and whistles, there are plenty of cheap bags that will cover the essentials.
Best Value Golf Bags FAQ’s
How Much Does The Average Golf Bag Cost?
Golf bags range in price from affordable to expensive. The least expensive option is a budget golf bag, which can be found for around $100. More high-quality golf bags cost up to $300, and even more than that for customized golf bags used by PGA golfers.
Ultimately, the cost of a golf bag depends on the quality you’re looking for.
What Are Some Golf Club Bag Brands?
There are many different brands of golf club bags. Leading brands such as Callaway, TaylorMade or Titleist have bags. Also, golf bag specialists such as Sun Mountain, Izzo Golf and Sunday Golf have options.
It is important to do your research to find the best bag for your needs as this will vary based on what you need with you out on the golf course.
Rounding Up: Is a Good Budget Golf Bag Right For You?
To conclude, saving money when shopping for a golf bag is important. For beginner golfers, this means finding a high-quality but affordable golf bag that will allow you to practice and play on the course too.
With a wide range of options on the market, you are spoilt for choice. They come in different shapes and sizes from cart bags to stand bags. Deciding the key criteria such as how many pockets or compartments you need will help narrow down the options. A little extra research can go a long way in buying the perfect budget golf bag.
With this guide and a little research you can find the best cheap golf bag that will also last for years to come.